I got tagged by David Phillips for a 5 things I dig about Jesus meme. Just in time. I needed something to talk about, since the SBC is moving away from front and center here at 12 Witnesses.
Here are the rules:
- Those Tagged will share 5 things they dig about Jesus.
- Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers.
- Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here of their meme so that others can read them.
So here goes.
- I dig that Jesus is the exact representation of the Father, the essence of His being, the radiance of His glory. No doubts about who God is after you learn to understand who Jesus was on the earth, who He is at the right hand of the Father and who He is to be as He returns to judge the quick and the dead, when all His enemies are put under His feet. Do we need to go further after that? Ok. We will.
- I dig that Jesus cared for people that were hurting and devalued by the world around them.
- I dig that Jesus loved the world to which He came, even though it did not recognize Him.
- I dig that Jesus was willing to be separated from the Father during that time between His actual death and the time that the Father raised Him bodily from the dead. As much as the physical brutality that He suffered was a great price, that the Trinity was separated for the only time in all eternity past and future had to be the real burden over which Jesus sweat great drops of blood in the garden.
- I dig that Jesus was fully God and fully man at the same time. It’s just mind bending and I dig that I can’t wrap my little brain around it. It makes me feel small while He is very big. That’s a good thing.
Ok, so I tag:
- Marty Duren
- Alan Cross
- Micah Fries
- Paul Littleton
- Bowden McElroy